Maintenance Request | Real Property Manager


Our office opening and closing hours are:


Monday to Friday 8:30am-5:30pm


Saturdays 8:30am-4:00pm




When after hours emergency (urgent) repairs are needed please read the below carefully


Urgent repairs by tenants (under the management of Real Property Manager) can actioned during business hours or to our contractors listed below for after hours services.

Please SMS 0418 600 806 with your name and property you are from and what the issue is and use our general maintenance request form found on this page to log the repair.


According to the Office of Fair Trading, the law distinguishes between urgent (emergency) repairs and those which are not so urgent.

Urgent Repairs Are:

  • a burst water service or a serious water service leak
  • a blocked or broken toilet
  • a serious roof leak
  • a gas leak
  • a dangerous electrical fault
  • flooding or serious flood damage
  • serious storm or fire damage
  • a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises
  • a failure or breakdown of the hot water service
  • a failure or breakdown of the stove or oven
  • a failure or breakdown of a heater or air-conditioner
  • a fault or damage which makes the premises unsafe or insecure.


Further information can be found here:-

Repairs and maintenance | Tenants NSW



This website is produced by the Tenants’ Union of NSW in collaboration with the network of Tenants Advice and Advocacy Services


For tenants:

If urgent repairs are needed you should notify the landlord or agent right away. The landlord or agent must arrange for the repairs to be done as soon as possible. If you cannot reach them, check your tenancy agreement for the details of a nominated tradesperson to contact or on the company website.

If urgent repairs are not done within a reasonable time you may be able to arrange for the work to be done and be reimbursed by the landlord within 14 days of supplying a tax invoice (but only up to $1000). However, you must be able to show that:

  • the need for the urgent repair was not your fault
  • you contacted the landlord or agent about the problem or made a reasonable attempt to do so
  • you gave the landlord or agent a reasonable opportunity to get the repairs done
  • the repairs were carried out by a licensed trades person and not amateur trades person listed on sites like AirTasker.

You must give the landlord written notice setting out the details of the repair and copies of all receipts. The landlord is required to pay you back within 14 days of receiving your notice.


For Strata common property or common area related issues:

If urgent repairs are needed you should notify the strata manager or building manager agent right away. Contacts are usually displayed on the communal notice board or you can ask a neighbour who may be an owner occupier or another tenant who may know the contacts. If you still cannot reach anyone, you may contact our nominated trades person from the list below.



Locked Out?

If you are locked out during business hours you will need to provide a $100 refundable cash deposit for us to release our master keys. The $100 will be refunded to you once our keys have been returned.

After hours you will need to contact a locksmith and pay the full cost to the trades person directly.

Should you attempt to break back in to the property you will be liable for any repairs to the property.

May we suggest you have a spare set of keys cut to be left with a trustworthy person who is more accessible after hours.


Your after hours trades person contact list:


Electrical: Glenco Electrical Services ph. 9700-9996 

Plumbing/Gas leaks: Mark Davy Plumbing ph. 0450 092 099

Hot Water Systems: Australian Hot Water ph. 9789-1022

Locksmith: Inner West Locksmiths ph. 9660 1811

General builder/handyman and secondary all round maintenance: HandyMac 0415 097 300


Other useful government services contacts:

State Emergency Services (SES): 132 500


NSW Fire,ambulance and police service: 000

Police Assistance Line: 131 444

Poisons Information Centre 13 11 26

Health Direct Australia - a 24 hour telephone health advice line staffed by Registered Nurses to provide expert health advice. 1800 022 222

Parentline - is a confidential telephone counselling service aimed at providing professional counselling and support for parents and all who have the care of children. 1300 301 300


Please fill in the form below to lodge a maintenance request





Property Address


Not happy with your current property manager / want to switch?

At Real Property Manager we only manage properties. Which means our focus is on you and your investment.